LETTER OF DEMAND
The letter of demand is the first step in getting your money back.
Our fee for a letter of demand ranges from $150 for simple matters to $500 for more complex letters. This involves sending the letter of demand by registered mail and email.
In the event that the counterparty ignores the letter of demand, we can assist you with each stage of the litigation process at fixed prices.
Your legal fees should not wipe out the value of your claim.
Our fixed price fee structure ensures that your exposure to legal fees is capped:
Magistrates Court (claim amount less than S$60,000)
- S$2,000 for writ of summons and statement of claim
- S$7,000 (including writ of summons) all in if the matter is settled without a trial
- Additional S$6,000 (excluding court fees) for a trial
District Court (claim amount between S$60,000 to S$250,000)
- S$3,000 for writ of summons and statement of claim
- S$8,000 (including writ of summons) all in if the matter is settled without a trial
- Additional S$10,000 (excluding court fees) for a trialHigh Court (claim amount above S$250,000
High Court (claim amount above S$250,000)
- S$5,000 to S$7,000 for writ of summons and statement of claim
- Expect to pay S$50,000 to S$100,000 for a full trial
We offer a free 15-minute PHONE consultation to assess your matter. We have a brief discussion with you to see if we can assist you with your matter or if you require more specialized advice.
If we are able to assist you with your matter, we will arrange for a further consultation subsequently.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH US FOR A PHONE CONSULTATION (PLEASE READ OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE BELOW TO DO SO)
- Please note that we are currently unable to do applications for Mandarin-speaking clients.
- Please book your appointment according to our calendar below AND check your junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation. Please note that this will be a PHONE consultation.
- Please provide us with (1) a brief summary of the dispute and (2) the estimated claim amount. We need to know the claim amount in order to advise you on whether to initiate the claim in the Magistrates Court, District Court or High Court.
- Call us at 6550 6359 at your appointed time.