CONTESTED DIVORCE IN SINGAPORE
If your spouse is unwilling to proceed with an uncontested divorce, we can assist you with the contested divorce proceedings.
Most contested divorce proceedings conclude at the mediation stage (i.e. about 80% to 90% of contested divorce proceedings conclude at the mediation stage).
Contested divorce proceedings tend to vary in complexity and fee quotes can have a wide range. Generally, you can expect to pay $5,000 and above if the divorce is contested.
Do note that we can only take in a limited number of contested divorce cases per month. Our mission is to provide the best service to our existing clients and we do not exceed the number of cases we can realistically take on.
Disbursements for contested divorce will be capped at $800.
|Proposed Parenting Plan/Proposed Matrimonial Plan||$300|
|Statement of Claim||$1,500|
|Defence and Counterclaim / Reply and Defence to Counterclaim||$1,500|
|Family Dispute Resolution Conference / Status Conference||$350|
|Mediation||$750 per session|
We offer a free 30-minute consultation to assess your matter. We believe in providing you with a thorough, detailed analysis of your contested divorce matter. Do note that as our free consultation slots are limited, we adhere strictly to the 30 minutes for these free consultations.
During our consultation, we won't be rushing through the session to get you to sign an engagement letter. We believe in explaining the entire uncontested divorce procedure in Singapore as well as analyzing your family situation so that we can provide you with a bespoke divorce solution.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH US FOR A CONSULTATION (PLEASE READ OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE BELOW TO DO SO)
- Please note that we are currently unable to do applications for Mandarin-speaking clients.
- We can only have the consultation with the person initiating the contested divorce as it is a conflict of interest for us to represent both parties in a divorce. Please do not arrange for both parties to the marriage to attend the consultation. We will not be able to move forward with a consultation if both parties turn up.
- During your consultation, we will require you to bring:-
- Original/Copy of your Marriage Certificate;
- Copies of the NRICs of both parties to the marriage; and
- Copies of the Birth Certificates/ NRICs of the child(ren).
- Please book your appointment according to our calendar below AND check your junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation. Do also note that we operate strictly by appointment only and we do not entertain walk-in clients.
- Prior to your consultation, we will email you a copy of our Divorce Information Sheet. For a more fruitful discussion and a better use of your 30-minute free consultation, please email us the completed copy of your Divorce Information Sheet prior to coming down.
- Come to our office at 1 North Bridge Road #08-08, High Street Centre, Singapore 179094.
Alternatively, let us know the details of your matter through our contact form below and we will follow up with you within one business day.