PERSONAL PROTECTION ORDER IN SINGAPORE
Do you need a lawyer to represent you in a Personal Protection Order (“PPO”) trial?
Personal Protection Order applications may result in a trial that is heard before a Magistrate or a District Judge in court. Domestic violence is a thorny subject and the relevant parties will have to adduce evidence in court to prove their respective cases.
We welcome you to have a FREE CONSULTATION (30 minutes) with us to understand how we can assist you in PPO proceedings (applying for or defending).
Our fixed price fees for each stage of contested PPO proceedings is capped at S$6,000 (i.e. the maximum that you will pay for your contested PPO proceedings if it is resolved by mediation is S$6,000).
Do note that the capped fee of S$6,000 is the maximum fee. If the parties agree to settle the matter at any stage of the proceedings, the fee will usually end up being lower.
|Reasonable correspondence (letters) with spouse/spouse’s lawyer||$350|
|Court Mentions||$150 per mention|
|Attendance at PPO Trial||$1,500 per day|
We offer a free 30-minute consultation to assess your matter. We believe in providing you with a thorough, detailed analysis of your matter. Do note that as our free consultation slots are limited, we adhere strictly to the 30 minutes for these free consultations.
During our consultation, we won't be rushing through the session to get you to sign an engagement letter. We believe in explaining the entire personal protection order procedure in Singapore as well as analyzing your family situation so that we can provide you with a bespoke solution.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH US FOR A CONSULTATION (PLEASE READ OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE BELOW TO DO SO)
- Please note that we are currently unable to do applications for Mandarin-speaking clients.
- We can only have the consultation with the person initiating the contested divorce as it is a conflict of interest for us to represent both parties in a divorce. Please do not arrange for both parties to the marriage to attend the consultation. We will not be able to move forward with a consultation if both parties turn up.
- During your consultation, we will require you to bring:-
- Original/Copy of your Marriage Certificate;
- Copies of the NRICs of both parties to the marriage; and
- Copies of the Birth Certificates/ NRICs of the child(ren).
- Please book your appointment according to our calendar below AND check your junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation. Do also note that we operate strictly by appointment only and we do not entertain walk-in clients.
- Prior to your consultation, we will email you a copy of our Personal Protection Order Information Sheet. For a more fruitful discussion and a better use of your 30-minute free consultation, please email us the completed copy of your Divorce Information Sheet prior to coming down.
- Come to our office at 1 North Bridge Road #08-08, High Street Centre, Singapore 179094.
Alternatively, let us know the details of your matter through our contact form below and we will follow up with you within one business day.