DEED POLL IN SINGAPORE (CHANGING NAME IN SINGAPORE)
We charge $50 nett to execute your Deed Poll.
In order to change your name in your NRIC or Passport in Singapore, you need to execute a Deed Poll in front of a lawyer.
This is a simple legal process that should not take more than 15 to 20 minutes. You can read more in our guide on How to Change Your Name in Singapore.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH US FOR A DEED POLL (PLEASE READ OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE BELOW TO DO SO)
- If you are above 21 years old, you will be required to bring your original NRIC.
- Please note that all changes of name will be subject to approval from Immigration Checkpoint Authority ("ICA") and any relevant government institutions.
- If you are changing the name(s) for your child(ren), BOTH parents have to come down to sign the deed poll. It is not necessary for the child(ren) to come. You will be required to bring:-
- Both parents’ original NRIC; and
- Child(ren)’s original birth certificates, original certificates of citizenships, and original NRIC(s) (if any).
- Book your appointment according to our calendar below AND check your junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation. Do also note that we operate strictly by appointment only and we do not entertain walk-in clients.
- Come to our office at 1 North Bridge Road #08-08, High Street Centre, Singapore 179094. Our office is located at The Hive, a co-working space. Inform the reception that you are here to meet with Bonsai Law Corporation and we will come and receive you shortly after. Images of the entrance to the office can be found at the bottom of this page, after the Contact Form.
- We only accept payment by CASH or PAYNOW.
- After executing the Deed Poll, you will need to update your NRIC within 28 days at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- Alternatively, you can also make an online application within 28 days through the ICA website. Click here to do so.