DEED POLL IN SINGAPORE (CHANGING NAME IN SINGAPORE)
We charge $50 nett to execute your Deed Poll.
In order to change your name in your NRIC or Passport in Singapore, you need to execute a Deed Poll in front of a lawyer.
This is a simple legal process that should not take more than 15 to 20 minutes.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT WITH US FOR A DEED POLL (PLEASE READ OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE BELOW TO DO SO)
- If you are above 21 years old, you will be required to bring your original NRIC.
- If you are changing the name(s) for your child(ren), BOTH parents have to come down to sign the deed poll. It is not necessary for the child(ren) to come. You will be required to bring:-
- Both parents’ original NRIC; and
- Child(ren)’s original birth certificates and NRIC(s) (if any).
- Book your appointment according to our calendar below AND check your junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation. Do also note that we operate strictly by appointment only and we do not entertain walk-in clients.
- Come to our office at 1 North Bridge Road #08-08, High Street Centre, Singapore 179094.
- We only accept payment by CASH or PAYNOW.
- After executing the Deed Poll, you will need to update your NRIC within 28 days at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). For children below 15, the Deed Poll can be kept until it is time to make the NRIC.
- Alternatively, you can also make an online application within 28 days through the ICA website. Click here to do so.